Where Can I Play Some RBY?

Post your teams to be built for battling against non-in-game trainers here to have them rated. Also post and discuss your movesets. Please be sure to post what platform and game generation the team is for.
Superunknown
Dark Sableye
Dark Sableye
User Title: Alive in the Superunknown.

Where Can I Play Some RBY?

Post by Superunknown » Sun 2009.Jul.19, 18:24

I've tried getting on NetBattle but I get this error:

The following error occured while trying to connect to the Registry: 11004: Valid name, no data record of requested type.

Is this something temperary or is netbattle officially dead?

Does this ShoddyBattle have any RBY? I dowloaded it and everything looks like DP. Is there another program out there that I can use to play RBY with others?
Xarxes wrote:Drink. Smoke. Girls. Win.
Last.fm Account - BodyBuilding Account - Photobucket Account -
Rock Band 3 Scores

Hotmedal
Gengar
Gengar
User Title: I don't think therefore I SPAM

Re: Where Can I Play Some RBY?

Post by Hotmedal » Sun 2009.Jul.19, 21:29

Shoddy Battle is all D/P/Pt, sorry. Netbattle works, I think. But I'm not sure if you can do RBY there. Everything else is crap really.
All you could do is manually ask for people with RBY teams. There are some people on Shoddy who would be interested.
lolcakes

Superunknown
Dark Sableye
Dark Sableye

Post by Superunknown » Mon 2009.Jul.20, 02:05

Does anyone have Netbattle here? Can they see if it works for them? I've googled this error 11004 and I found some other person had the same thing, and was told to download it from another link. The only problem is, I can't find another download for it. It's been wiped out of existence.
Rock Band 3 Scores

White Phoenix
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
User Title: Projects Director

Post by White Phoenix » Mon 2009.Jul.20, 02:56

Smogon University wrote:Other Simulators

There are many old Pokémon simulations that are now out of commission, dating back to the days of RBY play. The most common of these old simulators were the IRC bots and Pokémon NetBattle. There were popular bots for the first three generations: RBY (#rbystadium), GSC (#battlearena) and RSE (#rsarena). They had no graphical interface, so they attracted only the more serious battlers. These bots are no longer in use.

NetBattle allowed users to play all of the first three generations of Pokémon, and in limited capacity the fourth generation, and has an attractive graphical interface. This meant that it attracted a wider userbase, helping the competitive Pokémon community to grow. It was similar to Shoddy Battle for previous generations in some respects, one could create teams in the team builder, connect to a server, and conduct battles from there. NetBattle is still usable, but finding an active server on NetBattle is hard, as not many people run them.
The only good ’bot is a dead ’bot.
Friend codes available in my profile.

Superunknown
Dark Sableye
Dark Sableye

Post by Superunknown » Mon 2009.Jul.20, 18:03

Smogon University wrote:... but finding an active server on NetBattle is hard, as not many people run them.
This is my problem I think. I don't know where to find them, most links that say they list servers are not there anymore.
Rock Band 3 Scores

Hotmedal
Gengar
Gengar
User Title: I don't think therefore I SPAM

Post by Hotmedal » Wed 2009.Jul.22, 18:28

That has nothing to do with NetBattle, the application, not running.
lolcakes

Indigo
Ghost New Member
Ghost New Member
User Title: The Reader

Post by Indigo » Sun 2010.Apr.25, 19:37

I also want to play the RBY Metagame again. Google came up with limited, but mostly unhelpful answers. However, apparently ShoddyBattle 2 (which is in the works) will have special modifications which will allow the Admin of the server to set his/her server to other Generations. So our best bet is to wait for SB2, I guess.

But if you would like a battle using RBY Pokes, PM me. :)
[url=http://gpxpl.us/hOuwq][img]http://i.gpxpl.us/74/119/hOuwq/s.png[/img][/url]
Who needs Dragons?

[size=85][color=#400080][i]Hold on to your happiness as tight as you can; 'cuz you will never know when it will disappear...[/i][/color][/size]

White Phoenix
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
User Title: Projects Director

Post by White Phoenix » Mon 2010.Apr.26, 12:46

Indigo, this thread died in October of 2009. An old member dropped by about the same time and stated that he is running NetBattle for players in Finland. I asked for an url, but never received a response since he dropped out again. However, I have emailed him and will post the url if he replies . . . on another thread.

>click<
The only good ’bot is a dead ’bot.
Friend codes available in my profile.

Return to “Online Battle Simulators / LInk Battle Team Rating and Movesets”